Sat Dec 22 19:01:37 PST 2018




About Smart Passive Income


Smart Passive Income is a resource run by me, Pat Flynn, to teach you proven strategies for running an online business and optimizing it for passive income?but what is passive income?



About Smart Passive Income


Who is Pat Flynn?


And how does he know about this stuff?




I?m a family guy in my early thirties who learned about passive income because I had to. Like so many other people, I?m on my Plan B career.


I graduated from college with an architecture degree and went to work for an amazing architectural firm as a Job Captain. I was thriving in my career and had no plans to leave it?but there are some parts of life we can?t control.


The downturn in the economy hit my industry hard. In 2008, just a few months before my wedding, I was laid off from my job.






Let Go Book for About Page


Watch Trailer



This could have been a terrible time in my life, but it wasn?t, thanks to a little website I had built...


on the side to help me study for an architectural exam. In the days before my job ended, I found a way to turn that website into an income stream, and in the process, changed my life.












How Smart Passive Income Began


A Little Origin Story About a Big Dream




The real power I found during that time was that I could take control of my future. Running an online business built around passive income allowed me to spend more time with my new wife?and shortly afterward, our first child?and I wanted to share the techniques I learned with other people in similar situations.


When I started Smart Passive Income back in 2008, my goal was simple: share the strategies that have helped me grow my online business. Since that time, it has become remarkably easy to find advice on internet marketing and starting an online business?but what has gotten harder is finding ethical advice that has been properly tested.






About Pat Flynn cutout


This is where Smart Passive Income fits in and why I call myself the crash test dummy of online business.


I want you to use my successes and my failures to reach your own business goals. This is also why I publish my income report each month, so that you see what has actually worked for me.






Why I Do What I Do


Hint: It's not about money or fame




My family is the primary motivation for everything that I do, and you?ll hear me mention them often throughout the site. My wife, April, and I have two kids?a boy, Keoni, and a girl, Kailani, as well as our dog, Gizmo. The best part about my job is that it allows me to plan my day around my family, not around my business.


As you read my blog, listen to my podcasts, and watch SPI TV, you?ll also learn that:







I love music


I deejayed in college, I play the trumpet, and I directed the Cal Band in college. #GoBears





About Page Pat Flynn Conducting Cal Band


Pat & Cal Marching Band






Pat's Favorites


Movie = Back to the Future

Book = Ready Player One

Game = Starwars Battlefront







Getting laid off was the best thing to ever happen to me.




2018 fitness & nutrition goals:


1. Grab the rim of a regulation height basketball hoop (10?)

2. No sugar!





Back to the Future About Page






Don't Worry


You're Not Too Late




If you haven?t started an online business yet, don?t worry, you?re not alone and you?re not too late. Spend some time exploring my Start Here page to get a sense of what is involved. This page is designed to help you make good business decisions on your own, without having to pay some sketchy ?online business guru.?


Also, be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel to get all of the latest and greatest high-quality content about building an online business.


In fact, I give out all my best advice for free inside my newsletter. I hope you subscribe. You can do so using the form below:


Nicole Dean, one of my earliest guests on the Smart Passive Income Podcast shared her motto, ?make money by making the web a more wonderful place.? I share this sentiment completely. I have worked hard to build this site into a resource that not only helps you build your business and avoid the false promises of get-rich-quick schemes, but also helps you provide a real benefit to your business?s audience.


After all, I have to be able to look my wife and kids in the eye every day.






SPI Exists to Support You, In Every Way


That?s the wonderful power of community




My readers and listeners are the reason Smart Passive Income has thrived over the last seven years (and counting). I?ve built this site for you. I love hearing stories of your own successes?so much that I?ve built a special page just to highlight my readers? successes.


Thanks for reading this! I?d love to have you join me and my community of 150,000+ other aspiring and existing business owners.


Click Here to Get Started







Here's to You


I?m so proud of each and every one of you







Podcast Movement SPI Fans for About Page


Fans at Podcast Movement 2015







Mastermind Meeting in Australia for About Page


Mastermind Meeting in Australia







1-Day Business Breakthrough in San Diego for Pat Flynn


1 Day Business Breakthrough in San Diego









Coffee Meetup in Minnesota for About Page


Coffee Meetup in Minnesota!







FanofPodcast Keynote Notes for About Page


Notes taken by @FanofPodcast during Keynote







Fan art from Esteban Ruelas for About Page


Fan art from Esteban Ruelas









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mon_Apr_15_08:00:32_PDT_2019

Sun Sep 30 23:04:26 PDT 2018